View Single Post
Old 12-17-2015, 12:40 AM  
cypher
Dwarf whisperer

Default Re: Maddie Won't Chew!

She has had a really rough time poor girl, I do hope you can continue to help her.
It does sound as though she had a bad reaction to the antibiotics, it can be a bit much for them if they need a lot being so tiny.
I can only think that your best way forward would be to feed her soft foods that she can eat easily, hamster mix or pellets soaked in water, porridge & baby foods (without sugar or salt & seasonings) can all work well but you will probably need to get her teeth clipped regularly so she can continue to eat those foods, with the front teeth clipped she should be able to manage some regular hamster dry food too.
If she gets stronger it may still be worth considering having the back teeth & pouches checked at some point, I may be wrong but I think this can sometimes be done with sedation rather than a full anaesthetic, I guess that may depend on the individual vets approach though.
Good luck with your little one.
❤️
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote