View Single Post
Old 12-16-2015, 09:35 AM  
NessaDale
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Maddie Won't Chew!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher View Post
I just had a look at your last update on Maddie & with the damage done to her mouth back then it's possible her teeth just aren't growing back quite the way they should be so the top & bottom teeth grind down, it may make chewing uncomfortable for her & it does sound as though you tried most things, have you tried whimzees? Most hams will chew those if they can but if her teeth are now misaligned she may need to have them clipped regularly which can be as frequent as every two or three weeks so you'll need to keep a close eye on them & watch how she manages with her food if that is the case.
I've never heard of a wimzee. I live in Canada, maybe there is another name for them.

She grinds her teeth a LOT. I hear her all the time, I don't know if she does that to help grind them down or from agitation, bit I know she does it obsessively. She was moved into a detolf cage last week and it's at the head of my bed so at night she.lays beside my head and just grinds.

Since her injuries, she has puss come out of her cheek pouches so a few times a month I open her mouth and wipe it away. I did that yesterday and that's when I noticed her teeth didn't look right.

When I get home I'll take a picture if she will let me. They have a gap in between them and one of them has grown much farther then the other and it has a spot half way up that is thinner then the rest of the tooth.