View Single Post
Old 12-13-2015, 12:04 PM  
Hammy_
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Wheel Vs Flying Saucer ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreySyrian View Post
Thank you In the long run I'm planning to move her into a bigger cage in which I could get her a wheel but at the same time have read some bad stuff about wheels such as hamsters getting caught in them? Not sure if that's just a long-hair issue though.
Yes some long haired Syrians have been known to get their skirts caught in the spindle of wheels which is why the Karlie wonderland wheel is preferred with LH Syrian owners. The only problem here would be it needs varnishing to make it more durable. You can find that here:Wonderland Exercise Wheel: Great Small Pet Accessories at zooplus

What species of hamster do you have btw? If you do not have a LH Syrian or aren't so precarious you could try the Trixie wheel (a personal favourite) it is light weight and the front piece detaches for cleaning. It's great for hams who are yet to master the art of stopping. You can find this here:Small Pet Exercise Wheel | Free P&P on orders

If you like wooden wheels but aren't sure about the varnishing part you could go for this very natural looking wheel. It's not very popular- but hey you could start the trend! I think it looks great you can find it on zooplus again here:Wooden Exercise Wheel Speedy at zooplus
Hammy_ is offline   Reply With Quote