View Single Post
Old 12-13-2015, 05:39 AM  
Hetty
Adult Hamster

Default Re: Daisy is losing fur! Cushings?

Hi Winne, yeah it was frustrating: it was deluge raining, and she was upset about being popped in her travel cage at such an ungodly hamster hour. The vet was not my usual (Tadhg). A youngish vet lad. I did ask for a skin scrapping! But he was adamant it wasn't mites: said her skin was lovely, pink and soft, no irritation.
I've had her for a year and 5 months, she was apparently 5/6 weeks old when I adopted her (the mom was not in the box that had been plonked on the vets front desk). She was kept with her siblings in the vets til she was 8 weeks old. Then home to me.
I've had two other hamsters, both long haired ( Lola and Basil) and a plethora of guinea pigs.
I've never seen this fur balding with the other fluffs. Basil live to about 3 years (2.9 to be exact), and he was fine and healthy until the last week of life when been old caught up with him. Lola lived to 1.5 years but unfortunately passed away due to cancerous growth in her belly. Both lived in Barneys and has this kiln dried wood.
But I have seen the one the piggies get something similar: it turned out he was rubbing off the hutch exit door, the other boars would crowd out the door en-masse in the mornings and push him up against it. Got a bald patch.
Hetty is offline   Reply With Quote