View Single Post
Old 12-06-2015, 11:26 AM  
Scargirl
Senior Hamster

Default Re: IMPORTANT!!! Bald spot on Hammy's leg!!!!!

Actually, I don't have to clean her cage. My mother volunteered to do it while I'm sick. And she has a particularly strict schedule and she can't wait or it won't get done at all. So a full cage clean is going to happen today weather I like it or not, I guess. I think I am going to be sick for at least and extra 1-3 days and it's actually been 3 weeks since I have clean her cage so now it really needs a full cleaning. Don't mean to dismiss your suggestion, serendipity, but it really needs to be done with a full cage cleaning. Even if she doesn't seem to use her wheel is it okay to put her in her ball while it is being cleaned?

And yes. Your right. Worried about the cost of a vet bill about taking her in. And I don't know if she isn't feeling good but I don't want to add stress to her as she has never been to a vet before unless they took her to a vet while she was in the pet shop. Yes. We have plenty of vets around town. I still live with my mom and dad and my dad doesn't care about her at all. He said yes to get her when we first asked (my dad is pretty particular with pets) and now that she has needs he wants to just get rid of her. If you have a pet of course they are going to need to see a vet at least once in their life.
And now my mother says the same. "Your spending too much money in that mouse. Just leave it. She probably just lost her fur on something. She doesn't need to see and vet." And now she says that these people (you and the whole HC) don't know anything about hamsters! This is my first hamster and I'm sure everyone on HC has had plenty of hamsters to know what they need and everything.

I think I will do that since how we are doing a full cage cleaning today. She has a 2-story hideout that I made for her. It will fit okay in her cage but I was wondering if it is okay to give it to her. I will wear gloves and a mask, just before my mother cleans her cage, and will search her nest and whole cage and maybe can find out how the fur came off.

She has had her new cage for about 3 cage cleanings (which is about 6 weeks) and we just changed the bedding and added the sandbath about 2 cage cleanings ago (1 month). So would that be a big change to also add the bigger hideout?

Here is the picture of her hideout. Is it too big or anything?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (99.8 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by Scargirl; 12-06-2015 at 11:46 AM.
Scargirl is offline   Reply With Quote