View Single Post
Old 11-26-2015, 10:58 AM  
SugarFairy123
Hamster Pup

Thumbs up Alaska Cage Review

First of all this is just my opinion and others might think differently !
I would definitely recommend this cage because you can find it on ww.zooplus.co.uk for a very cheap price (I got mine for 32 pounds ) and they are having sales all the time . There is also 10% off on your first order from the website and ,if you live in the UK , free delivery on orders over 29 pounds which are great offers ! And very quick delivery , I got mine in 4 working days !
Now about the cage the cage is massive for its value and its rough measurements are 84 cm by 48.5 cm by 44 cm (L times W times H ) and the measurements are over the RSPCA recommended minimum . It came very securely packaged and I didn't surprisingly get any bent bars . It took my parents and I about 10 minutes to put up , however if you are doing this alone it will be quite tricky and might take you a long time ..( Pliers are needed for this ) The bars are easily bendable by humans however , hamsters of any breed , in my opinion won't be able to escape . It includes two extremely large front and top doors which I can probably fit my head through and is very handy for switching things around and having access to your little fella . The cage is quite high and if your hammy is a climber like mine I would suggest buying some hammocks incase he falls .The little platform is quite flimsy and the hidden house that come with it is probably too small for fully grown Syrians same with the slide / ladder which also comes with it . So here are some overall pros and cons for the cage :

Pros :Easy access , roomy , plenty of room to climb , high base for burrowing , good ventilation

Cons : Hard to put together , bendy bars , flimsy platform , too small hide house / ladder

So that's about it ! Hope this helped you and if you have any questions I would love to answer them . Thanks for reading and BYE !!!
SugarFairy123 is offline   Reply With Quote