View Single Post
Old 11-20-2015, 09:05 PM  
greysome
Adult Hamster

Default Re: Gerbil Knowledge

Oh dear--this peeing everywhere is going to take getting used to! *sigh* I haven't started trying to tame him yet but he hasn't shown any signs of aggression towards me at all--curiosity, yes and while he doesn't run to avoid my hand, he also doesn't run up to it either.

kyrilliondaemon- Sorry, I meant to respond to you before but forgot to: He is indeed looking better, having groomed his bed-head so to speak. As for the gerbil eating his brother--I did do research immediately afterwards and learned that it may have been done as a protection instinct which I think was the case. I assumed if there had been a fight, there would have been some sign of it (either noise, blood, etc....) so I think the brother may have died of natural causes. Had I been exposed to gerbils before that incident, it probably wouldn't have stuck with me as much as it has.

Still, this lil fella (who I'm thinking of naming Cruz or Crux due to a pattern on his head--it's either a cross or an X--depending on the angle his head is when I grab a look) is making me think about looking into keeping gerbils some years down the road. I was hoping to get some pics this weekend of my brood but it doesn't look likely. Hopefully sometimes soon after Turkey day I'll get a chance (and hopefully by then, he'll officially have a name)
greysome is offline   Reply With Quote