View Single Post
Old 11-19-2015, 10:26 AM  
Amethyst_ice

Default Re: When you question if it's worth the grief

Quote:
Originally Posted by racinghamster View Post

I would say rest well, remember the good times and give yourself plenty of time. But rats can be a labour of love. Hamsters are far more easy to keep in my opinion. x
I did start with the hammies (how I found my wonderful hom ehere on HC) and never actually wanted rats.

I will always love hamsters and yes, there have been some special "humanlike" ones but I think the ratty appeal is that they do have that deeper intellegence level, below cat and dog but certainly an understanding. I can sit on the sofa covered in the ratties having snuggles, I can't have that with a hamster..and I like how I can get any of them out any time of day, so for me, they do fit into my life wonderfully.

I agree hamsters are the "less stress" pet. I have been fairly lucky (touch wood) the past 6 years healwise in my rat keeping, I have kept to breeder and then the last few years the same breeder so I think that plays a part.

I thought I was ok with these two but I have been struggling sleeping and really tired at work, I think it has been "in the background" this week more than I realised.

My group is quieter than normal, readjusting. Agreed some hit you harder, the timespace and the way they went I think has impacted.

Thanks guys. Your kind words do mean alot. Time...grrrrr