View Single Post
Old 11-15-2015, 11:18 AM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: 100cm Barney refiew

Charlie's Wobust wheel is hung from the roof and spins much better like that! You just take the wheel off the stand, slot the spindle of the stand through the top bars (a few bars from the back - needs to be clear of the base so it doesn't rub against it), then reattach the wheel to the spindle. I have 3 cable ties attaching the base of the stand to the top of the cage to keep it steady and it's firm as a rock like that. At first I put loads of cable ties on but that wasn't good, it meant the wheel hung at a funny angle - three cable ties was just right to hold the right bits of the stand in the right places and let the wheel hang at the right angle (I think sometimes the base isn't completely flat so fastening down all round means the wheel doesn't hang straight).

Here's a photo of what I mean - although our stand is bigger as it's a 30cm Wobust wheel rather than a 27cm Wodent wheel. Is yours a Wodent or Trixie wheel? I wasn't sure how strong the stand was on the Trixie wheel for staying attached to the wheel - the one I had pulled out too easily.

I think the only place to attach the stand to the roof in the Barney is either at one end - ie back side of the cage, or maybe only left or right end of cage - so as not to get caught up with the top door.

Last edited by Pebbles82; 11-26-2022 at 05:50 PM.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote