View Single Post
Old 11-15-2015, 05:35 AM  
Coconut Latte
Banned

Default Re: white albino dwarf hamster greater risk for health problem?

You may think this is terrible of me but she & her sister were dying so since I wanted them to live & I didn't have the money to afford her enormous vet bills I surrendered both Zara & Xena to a private rescue company who operate on charity donations. The vet had them both in the hospital for at least 3 days & I know they underwent a series of x-rays. I'm sure there were other tests done too but I only know part of what happened. Both animals have tumors on different parts of their body & they both have infections along with other serious health problems. It was out of my league & I couldn't watch them suffer & slowly die so I did something about it. The vet said it was commendable cause i put their needs before my needs.

They are both in foster homes ( all volunteer) & getting their medicine getting ready 4 surgery. After surgery Xena (black) has already found a loving home by a lady in Pennsylvania who fell in love based on the pictures they sent her. The woman is willing to wait 2 adopt Xena as long as it takes for her to fully recover.

Zara (white) is sicker than Xena so she might live the rest of her life with a foster care Family & then be put down humanely as a last act of kindness if she doesn't grow strong enough 2 survive the surgery?

Xena will have her uterus & the tumor removed in the near future. She is happy & runs on the wheel for hours at night.

Error: it is Xena who has cushings (black) not Zara (white albino).

Last edited by Coconut Latte; 11-15-2015 at 05:42 AM.