Thread: New Dwarf Owner
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2015, 06:11 PM  
Maverich21
Newborn Pup

Default Re: New Dwarf Owner

Oxbow 16x13x13 cage comes with a 6.5 diameter plastic solid wheel that mounts to cage opposite side of Hideaway & feeding shelf.

Is it AOK to use a very sturdy Sterilite plastic transparent bin 19 x 13 x 11 high for a habitat? It seems much roomier than Oxbow's clanging metal cage?

I find that in this new habitat, (it has been one full week he has been home & acclimated) that he now prefers to sleep burrowed in under substrate, and not the plastic igloo I made sure to have. He still runs through paper-towel tube, still sits on same food dish and drinks from identical tiny water dish he had in his metal cage. I made certain to share a generous portion of his existing metal-cage substrate to help him feel at home.

There is plenty of open air, and I will drill holes in lid tomorrow to make certain there's plenty of air ventilation. Personally, everyone likes this new habitate MUCH BETTER as everyone can now see him much clearer when he is out.

It will have to do until we can find something more appropriate as a glass tank, or preferred, larger wired frame cage of proper mesh size.

//maverich21//
Maverich21 is offline   Reply With Quote