View Single Post
Old 11-11-2015, 07:17 AM  
JaysAnimals
Newborn Pup

Thumbs up My Baby Experience

Hey, so my hamster did have an accidental litter, my brother put my hamster and his together and whallah! but it was a surprise to me to find her getting fatter and fatter and fatter she was so big it was quite concerning and as i didnt plan to breed i didn't know she was pregnant but i was soon to figure that out i was sitting on the edge of my bed one night and i was ripping up toilet paper for bedding and i started giving her some shred by shred and she fulled up one of her pods in the rotastak with toilet paper and i mean fulled it up by this time i took to google and found out i was expecting baby hamsters now this was not the best time for me as i was just about to move in 3 days time (got my own house moved away from mum) and i didn't know what i was going to do because i knew i couldnt leave my hamster and i couldnt move the cage, by the next morning i woke up and she had 14 pups, 7 of which she ate (i did not interfere) she ate them slowly over the period of 2 weeks, i decided to move the cage to my new home and i took the tubes out of the cage and put her watter bottle in the compartment she was in the rest of the cage was put in bags and i carfully carried the cage to my new house just along the road, i walked very slowly and tried my hardest not to make any sudden movments to the cage, i got the cage there safe and she didn't really bother that she had been moved, i slowly started to see the pups coming to the clear parts of the cage, then about a week later they were running about starting to get fur and some of there eyes had opened this was amazing and i did enjoy the fact that i was helping by staying away and giving my hamster peace, after two weeks the pups were grown healthy so i counted how many she had left and i started hunting for homes for 7 baby hamsters. they all got gave a good home with family members and friends..

*if you're hamster has babys don't stress out*
JaysAnimals is offline   Reply With Quote