View Single Post
Old 02-22-2010, 03:31 AM  
souffle

Default Re: Can Pets at Home refuse me back my hamster?

I am sorry to hear that.
I beleive that is P@H policy to take the animal back and treat it. It is then up to you to decide if you want to have it back.
Your best policy would be to telephone every day enquiring about him and when you can have him back. I think you will get him back though as they will not be keen to sell a hammy with a hurt toe anyway and if you persist in wanting him I feel sure you will get him back. Perhaps put it in writing to the store manager empasising that you do want him back again. I know several people who have got them back after wet tail treatment.
It is more that likely that he came to you from the store with the hurt paw. It is not unusual for babyhams to get nips and scrapes when in with the others. All this stress is not great for him with just moving.
You could have taken him to your own vet and had him treated and I believe P@H would have had to pay the vet bill however if they do have an instore vet they will likely prefer that. He will probably be better having his meds from the vet nurse anyway as he will still be frightened.
Keep on top of them and let us know how it goes
XX
souffle is offline   Reply With Quote