View Single Post
Old 10-04-2015, 12:45 AM  
racinghamster
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: Lump above hamster's eye?

That does sound a bit ridiculous on pricing but then some vets are cash cows. My vet would be around the £40 mark for such a removal. It`s true to say that this small growth may stay small and not pose any problems for her, but it`s worth considering that it could. Most of these eye cysts and stye type growths can rub on the eyeball if they grow bigger. It will be worth speaking to the school about her future and where she would be best placed now. She may well be fine staying at the school, but whoever is her caretaker there really needs to be aware of this and not ignore it. That`s why I suggested it might be a better idea for her to be adopted out to a private home if the school are not in a position to either have the time or the money to watch over her or be prepared to pay for future vet visits. They possibly would be, but I would make sure they do. x

Edited to add: In the photo she does look a wee bit on the thin side? Having this small growth could indicate that she`s older too, so make sure she`s getting some raw vegetables and chopped nuts and plenty of good nutrition to boost her immune system. x