View Single Post
Old 09-29-2015, 12:37 PM  
Book_lover
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Pees in his house bedding and more nourvis.

HI, THank you so much for such detailed responses, It is greatly appreciated!
just to explain the living arrangements, I live in a flat by myself, it is a quiet flat. I had Teacake's cage in the spare room/back room as it was quieter, but it is a bit cooler than the rest of the flat, and he got a wee cold, he's over it now, but because of that, and I don't spend much time in that room naturally, I moved his cage to the living room, where I spend more time. I have tired him with a pee litter try and he seemed confused by it/ didnt like it.
I have been cleaning his cage each week, but been replacing about a 1/3 of the substrate at the bottom of the cage with the previous weeks substrate on top so that it smells like him.
I try to do the (dry) bath tub trick a couple times (2-3) times a week, I get him in his wee travel cage, and take him through with his toys and some towls down and let him run about.
I have also uses the tissue paper down the bra trick as well, as sat by his cage and chatted to him, I learn Russian in my free time and I can say Teacake has perfected his 'stupid human' look.

I also sit with my hand in the cage and get him to eat a bit of cheese from between my fingers; he will usually eat about 5 strands of graded (low low fat /diet) cheese a night.

Thank you for your reassurance on everything everyone who has posted.
Book_lover is offline   Reply With Quote