View Single Post
Old 09-02-2015, 10:05 PM  
cypher
Dwarf whisperer

Default Re: Wet poo and spiders and also tube nesting

I wouldn't worry about a small spider, depending on where you live & what kind of spiders you have, most small spiders would probably get eaten.
Their poo can be changeable due to diet, stress etc so just keep an eye on that, if you continue to find wet poo then you may need to change diet or see a vet but if it's just a one off it may be nothing to worry about.
I'd be more concerned about the tubes, I know they love them but it gets really unhealthy in them if they choose to sleep, eat, pee, poo & store food in there, even sleeping isn't good as tubes aren't well ventilated. It also means you have to clean way to often which is disturbing for them.
I always think it best to just get rid of tubes once & for all, it will stress your ham out a bit but given a nice house to sleep in (even a cardboard box with some holes & no base) & maybe a few cardboard tubes to play in he'll soon get over it & make himself a new nest.
❤️
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote