View Single Post
Old 08-28-2015, 06:29 PM  
Nyxietrixx
Hamster Pup

Default Elsa update. [New cage!]

Hi guys!

So Elsa has been with us for over a month now and we finally got her a new cage. It's so big - 80 X 50 - and there is plenty of room for a sand bath, two water bottles, two houses and various toys including a new saucer disk and a hammock.

She seems to like the new cage but dislikes the saucer and never looks near it. She also seems to dislike the hammock.

I am finding that she still doesn't like being handled and won't let us pick her up. Scuffing her is very hard and she rubs her teeth together in a threatening way so I generally leave her alone. She does, however, like being petted sometimes which is one thing.

I hope over time she will be able to trust us more and let us handle her. If anyone has any tips it would be great. She has so far injured my fiance twice and me three or four times with those teeth of hers so needless to say we have grown a bit weary.

We have been hand feeding her bits of treats and fruit and she takes it from us no problem. We also have our hands in the cage on numerous occasions through out the day so she should know our smell.
Nyxietrixx is offline   Reply With Quote