View Single Post
Old 08-07-2015, 03:11 PM  
Boroto
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Pets you wish you had!

I would love to keep chickens some day - you can get tiny little bantam chickens, not to mention you've then got a fresh supply of tiny eggs! That'll have to wait until I have a garden of my own, though. The Sebright colouration is absolutely beautiful, and chickens have such bird-brained personalities. And have you ever seen Silkies? They're basically fluffy chickens, and are apparently very docile and gentle.

...I'd also one day (and I know this is probably some sort of sacrilege, being on a small furries forum) like to have multiple cats. Like, lots of cats that have been brought up together and all sleep wrapped round each other - there's nothing more relaxing to see. Of course, this potentially wouldn't mix well with the chickens idea, but there's just something about cats and their individuality, I love how they just do their own thing.

I also always dreamed of having a huge fishtank - like an aquarium fishtank, one for freshwater fish, taking up a whole corner of a massive (pfft, I'll be lucky) room. Either with huge shoals of common aquarium fish in (like neon tetras or Corydoras catfish, both of which are only a few cm long) or something really big and fat like an ogre catfish. There's just something about ogre catfish that never fails to make me smile - I remember reading a story about someone leaving their fish and chips by the tank of one (why, I don't know), then they heard a splash and it was the fish having got hold of it, before pulling it off and gulping the whole thing, paper and all. Then, belly nicely distended so the fish was pretty much spherical, it went and rested on the bottom to digest it. They can even eat fish bigger than they are, so you sort of need to keep them alone (Google images if you want to see what I mean).

I think I've gone through phases of loving each pet animal intensely (I even have books called things like Ostrich Farm Management and Seahorses: A Pet Owner's Guide) but those are the dreams that have stuck with me. Maybe one day!
Boroto is offline   Reply With Quote