Thread: hamster trouble
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2015, 02:20 PM  
Rothko
Newborn Pup

Default Re: hamster trouble

Thanks for all your advice. I worry that a cage with no bars would get extremely hot? it gets quite hot where i'm from. His cage is just larger than requirements, and i got a good deal on it. i dont know if i'd be able to get another one so quickly and idk how long i can deal with the noise to be honest.
I have multiple toys for him and i swap them every three days so he doesnt get fed up, but it does nothing. He also chews all his water bottles until they break, so i attached it to the outside of the cage and now all he does is chew the bit thats through the bars. His face is often covered in water.
He hardly ever uses his wheel? its big enough for him and its not broken but he prefers to bite the bars instead. I give him new toys for when the noise has kept me up for many hours but he ignores them to chew on the bars.
I increased the amount of times i let him out in a day but it hasnt changed anything.
very sleep deprived. thanks for all your advice, i appreciate it. this forum has always been kind to me
Rothko is offline   Reply With Quote