View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 09:32 AM  
denajolie
Newborn Pup

Default Is my cage good enough? pics included

So it's a pretty plain 20 gallon tank, that my 2 year old syrian hamster, Mr. Whiskers lives in, he has a plastic toy, loofas, a house, a wheel, a two puzzle playground box unit, food water and a litter box. He has a water bowl (the thing shaped like a lamp in the pics) instead of a water bottle for two reasons; first, he was always chewing really loudly on the bottle (which was not clogged, and he was drinking easily from) he even had chews in his cage. And second, it's hard to find bottle that fit in his cage, because even the ones for aquarium with hooks, don't fit over a ledge that's under the mesh top. He's a pretty big hamster, and the bowl does not tip over, and I change the water twice a day, but still- is it okay to have the water in a bowl?
Another thing is, that I was looking for a plastic platform or shelf, triangle shaped with legs that support itself to go in the front corner of the tank that has nothing in it, Maybe it could have a tube coming down or something, where could I find one of these? or how could I make one? I think it would make more space, and make it more interesting for mr. Whiskers.

Last edited by denajolie; 01-22-2010 at 09:40 AM. Reason: Forgot the pics...
denajolie is offline   Reply With Quote