View Single Post
Old 06-22-2015, 08:34 AM  
cypher
Dwarf whisperer

Default Re: JR Farm Feast any good?

I'm not surprised Chubs scoffed that mix RH I'm sure mine would too!
The only problem I have with buying bags of seed mix is it takes a fair bit of work to figure out just what the nutritional value is so hard to know if you're giving a balanced diet or not, ok for a bit of a treat but not so good for a main mix.
I never give peanuts, sunflower, pumpkin seeds or anything like that out of the shell, if they want it they have to work for it! I do think it's important for them to get extras like that in the shell, breaking them open is natural & can be seen as a form of enrichment also it's important for their teeth to get a work out on shells too.
I can't say I've had a problem with any bad bits in the JR farm dwarf mix, not yet anyway & I've had a few bags, I do tend to break up some of the biscuit bits as they're a bit big for dwarf hams & they eat more that way but they should be fine for a syrian.
I think every ham is going to have favourite bits & bits they leave whatever mix you use so nothing is going to be perfect.
❤️
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote