View Single Post
Old 04-29-2015, 08:47 AM  
Leila0420
Adult Hamster

Default Re: Possible blood found on Pumpkin's wheel

Thank you all again for your kind comments, if only Pumpkin could know how many people she's had thinking about her!! Shana she was too busy burrowing to be still enough for a good picture so this is a photo of her peering at me from her bed box (I startled her by turning the light on - she was not impressed!) Thanks for the P@H wheel recommendation Thin Lizzy. I'm definitely going to need a bigger wheel for her in the long term because she loves to have full stretch before running.
Cypher and racing hamster, thanks for the plastikote recommendations I think I'm going to at least try the water based plastikote but monitor her really carefully. Just can't decide whether to buy garden green or buttercup yellow (honestly I'd quite like to cover the blood stains). I was also looking at sticky backed cork strips, have any of you had experience with them before? It seems like it would be nice and soft on Pumpkins feet but maybe not a good idea if she chews it??
Serendipity you're totally right, I'm really so grateful for the photo racing hamster posted! My vet did immediately looking at her feet before I'd finished explaining, she said she'd recently lost her own Syrian of many years. Once when I was younger a vet dropped my little campbells Stone which was terrifying because she was in with a broken leg from fighting with her cage mate (long story - they should have never been sold to us together!).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pumpkin Tissues 2.jpg (94.7 KB, 23 views)
Leila0420 is offline   Reply With Quote