View Single Post
Old 04-18-2015, 03:58 AM  
Fluffagrams

Default Re: The Fluffagrams Hamsters

Quote:
Originally Posted by racinghamster View Post
Chinese hamsters for me have a charisma. Some just remain shy but they do come out of their shells if they are given time and patience. They can be quite devoted. I like their mouse-like qualities and features. x
I found the receipt from Pets at Home when we got Meat and his brother (I paid £15 for them both and they came home on 10th January 2012) and it reminded me of when I went with my sister to get them. Meat was quite shy in a way. He was sat in a corner of the enclosure whilst his brother was running about all over the place. Meat was the kind of hamster that most people would probably have ignored. He was tamed within a week and almost seemed reassured by our contact.
Once we separated him from his brother, he came out of his shell more and became happier to come out and play properly rather than sit in the corner. He learnt how to seek our attention and used it to his advantage and has oodles of charisma for such a little guy. I often joke that he needs to give May lessons.

It's funny you mention them being mouse-like because when I took him to the vet to have his teeth trimmed a guy peered into his travel box and asked me whether he was some kind of mouse.
Fluffagrams is offline   Reply With Quote