View Single Post
Old 04-07-2015, 09:09 AM  
Nancy's Hamsters
ST's Hamstery

Default Re: Yummy and Bin cages

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluerayDarkes View Post
We should have bought a new carrier before we left. Yummy is destructive despite having distractions, she also demands more attention than our dwarves. I think she is hyper active lol, she's often up and awake early evening to late morning.

Verdict on colour? Or more pictures? Lol
Well with the last photo the patches LOOK more Tort like but are really really light(Compare her patches to this lovely pup I was to get from Winterbell Hamstery in at that time Tennessee) She was only 4 weeks old in this collage of photos sent to me to keep me drooling for my little silver Gray tort girly.
Krista resized.jpg

Note how her Tort patches are almost a Blond coloring as would occur when Yellow Carrying Cream would turn into.

Now IF Yummy happens to be Heterozygous Extreme Dilute and carry Cream and be Tort(as her manners sure do indicate she is) THEN it would explain how her tort patches look almost and Off White instead of and off cream color. The ED gene turns both Yellow and cream white and turns Golden to a gray tone which looks a lot like a Light gray coloring. So she could be a Heterozygous ED Golden Tort.

However it is interesting to see the lighter patches are also only around her middle where a Band pattern would be. Since I did little work with Silver gray and never had any Silver gray Torts in hand, and have only had ED Black Torts I will have to say she can be either Sg Tort or Hetero ED Golden Tort, or a very odd Sg Banded