Thread: Poor mice care.
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2015, 09:57 AM  
charcobain
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Poor mice care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racinghamster View Post
Such a dilemma this when you want something changed and are restricted. Would your sister allow you to keep the mice in your room? She needs to realise that her beauty sleep, albeit important, is depriving her wee pets of having fun when they need it and wheel running is all part of husbandry. Being 10, I can understand why she perhaps doesn`t `get it`.

I kept mice for over ten years and although they are easy to keep, they are relatively prone to illness like respiratory issues and tumours. Are the mice females or males? I take it they will be female due to the smell males give off!

Your best bet here would be to convince your sister to let the mice live in your space and she can come in and see them when necessary? Does she bother with them much?
They're both female sisters, around a month or so old, she will play with them for around an hour but not daily, and around 3pm when they're meant to be sleeping, when I took them last night their food bowl was pretty much wood shavings and feces, she's having a rough time as our mum and her dad are getting a divorce so trying to explain just makes her cry, I'll probably take them at night now and make sure they get what they need.
charcobain is offline   Reply With Quote