View Single Post
Old 03-10-2015, 08:54 PM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Now where did I put....

I bet the kids loved it! It's quite some time ago now but driving into town once I kept thinking something felt funny and realised it was the foot pedals in the car - looked down and I still had my slippers on - couldn't walk around town in slippers so had to go back home again. Ooh Katmick, you've just reminded me of an embarrassing experience many years ago when I was a student nurse. I lived in a nurses home flat - they were newly built in 3 storey blocks with two flats on each floor and the whole place had fire doors which would swing shut unless wedged open. I opened our front door one morning to get the milk in just my bra and knickers and the door banged shut (and locked with a yale lock) behind me. The 3 girls I shared with were all out on early shifts and my keys were inside. And it was cold! Luckily we had phones on each landing that connected with the hospital porters lodge so I picked it up, explained the situation and asked if someone could come over with a spare key. The Porter said he couldn't leave the office and I'd have to come over and get the key. I said I couldn't I was just in my bra and knickers. He said if I needed the key someone needed to come and get it. So I knocked on all the doors of the flats in our block and no-one was in. In the end I just psyched myself up to be brave and ran (outside and past the hospital car park and through the hospital) all the way there and back in my bra and knickers, giving off an air of 'yeah so what's wrong with this then?!' I pretended to be confident and as if it was all perfectly normal. A few people stared but luckily there weren't too many people around. Luckily I wasn't too overweight and had clean underwear lol. I was absolutely freezing. And from then on I was ultra cautious never to open the front door and get the milk unless fully dressed. Oh the bravery of youth! I couldn't do it now.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote