View Single Post
Old 03-09-2015, 02:20 AM  
racinghamster
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: 2 dwarf hamsters

Pets At Home cages are not very big, so I would advise making a Bin cage as long as the front is meshed safely and it`s around the same size as a Zoozone 1 cage. Keeping a pair of dwarf hamsters isn`t ideal as they usually fall out and need separating anyway, so before you buy a pair, I would think about having a spare cage to hand and whether you have the space/time for two separated hamsters. I only mention this because many members have fallen into the trap of trying to keep two together and ending up with a separated pair.

You wouldn`t need to do full cage cleans either even if you had a pair as this can cause stress and case tension between a pair. So if it`s what you really want, you will need to make sure the Bin you prepare is adequate for a pair with no shelving or separate areas where they could become territorial and they will require two wheels, a low sided food dish and scatter feeding to prevent squabbles. x

Edited to add: better still, if your spending money on caging, maybe look at the Zoozone 1 online, or getting a few second hand cages from ebay/Gumtree etc?