Thread: Cages I have
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2015, 08:40 AM  
kittokitty
Adult Hamster

Default Re: Cages I have

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thin Lizzy View Post
I know there's the recommended cage size but, believe it or not some hammies can be fine in a smaller cage, if they get plenty out of the cage time then this situation will do until you have money to upgrade.
All if us have had our hammies in a smaller cage at some point.
I only agree with that for old hamsters or hamsters that have a need for limited exercise - well, and that we have all had hamsters in smaller cages. However, that was a mistake, corrected by people on forums and stuff :P While the odd few hamsters can live happily in a mini duna or something of the likes, they're usually happier in a bigger cage.

If you want to upgrade then you only need about £20 for a bin cage with a lid, or you could just get the biggest SAMLA bin from IKEA and leave the lid off for £13 You could probably attach the other cages to it.

Handling, ball time and playpen time unfortunately doesn't make a smaller cage okay.

Hamsters don't really show many signs of stress, although even if your hamster is fine with the amount of space they have, they would be much happier with a bigger cage
kittokitty is offline   Reply With Quote