View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 08:11 AM  
cornishrobos
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Escaped hamster stories

Well our Syrians seem to take in turns to escape:-

Jet got out of her Perfecto Tank, not her fault as we had failed to shut it properly and lost the lid lock thingy down the back of the cabinet she was on, she managed to pull the lid back and get out. She has chewed both sides of the lid where it slides on, so I guess it's only a matter of time before the lid might lift on hers.

Bailey is the worse. He's also in a Perfecto Tank, this time I hoovered up the lid lock thingy after cleaning them out and was going to get it out when the bag was full, however he managed to get the lid to slid open, even though he's a weedy thing, was out for a while and got nipped on the nose by Paddy for the effort......poor Bailey. He has now managed to chew around the sealant at the front left corner of the tank, so the whole of the front side lifts up, he was at it all night 2 weeks ago and had a lovely red nose in the morning to show for it. He now has one of our money saving jars on the top until we can find something suitable to stick it back with.

In the first few weeks of Gingey coming home with us after spending the first week in the vets with wet tail he managed to unscrew the lid on the Imac Fantasy, they are now sellotaped down.

Fluffy has also learnt how to get the lid off the top of his Imac, however he even managed it with sellotape on, so it's not doubly taped!!

Little buggers.

The Robos don't look to escape, although Paddy will come out if you leave his door open which is quite sweet.