View Single Post
Old 02-22-2015, 05:33 AM  
RubyDG
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: German minimum cage size

Wow - thanks Happy (again LOL). I appreciate you taking the time to put that information together . I have heard of hamsters chewing through wooden cages which was what put me off them but those were like the wooden ebay one you linked to rather than made from veneered chipboard. If you varnish the inside of the wooden cage would the hamster not be able to chew through it? Sorry for all the questions I'm just really curious. I do like the Mable 100 cage I have (100x54x64) but I sometimes look at it and feel like I could do better for my hamster. I had a look at the site you linked for the pre-made veneered chipboard cages which look great, the site is confusing for me though because of the language even when using google translate. My other concern would be that as far as I know (and I could be wrong) the veneer on the chipboard is poisonous if ingested and even though they can't get a grip to chew on it I'm not sure I would be comfortable taking a chance on that.

Last edited by RubyDG; 02-22-2015 at 05:39 AM.
RubyDG is offline   Reply With Quote