Thread: Phoebe's Home
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2009, 12:01 PM  
robyn_pickles
Hamster Pup

Default Phoebe's Home

I recently bought Phoebe a new cage, its a ferplast, bigger than Pickles. I put her in it for three days and now i've ended up putting her back in the cage i felt was too small because she seemed so unhappy she was in a little starter cage that my auntie had, because i got her so unexpectedly (my grandad found her) and she quickly became very setted in the cage. I couldn't afford another at the time, but bought her a larger igloo, an exercise ball, made her a playpen, a larger wheel so as not to arch her back and got her out lots. Anyway my loan just went in and i thought right time for a bigger cage. However she spent the last three days clicking constantly, sitting in a corner, not eating, and dragged all the bedding out of this new bed and was sleeping right in the middle of the cage. She wouldn't even entertain the wheel which she loved in her old cage and hasn't attempted to explore. It was upsetting me so i put her back in her old cage where she seems normal again, hoarding food, sleeping in her igloo, playing on the wheel.
Any advice? I know she's been through a lot of changes so is it best to leave her where she's happy and just make sure she gets lots of exercise? or persevere with the new cage and hope she gets used to it? I hate the thought of her being upset!
xx
robyn_pickles is offline   Reply With Quote