View Single Post
Old 02-16-2015, 04:48 AM  
RubyDG
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: Someone trying to access my hc account

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPalmer View Post
that is very strange! I'm sure a moderator will be online shortly.

In the mean time I'd consider changing any passwords to anything critical like email and anything you don't want anyone else accessing. It may be you've stumbled onto a key logger somewhere. Better be safe than sorry. Malware/virus scan then password changed x
I agree with CPalmer - scan and password change everything not just your HC account and do it now. It could have been an error with someone with a similar HC name trying to log in but unfortunately probably not. It may not seem that bad with just a forum account, as opposed to something like your online bank account, but that is how they get their hands on your personal details which leads them on to other things. Change your passwords and make sure they are all different - include words and numbers (don't use your date of birth) and use characters as well such as !%& and so on. I would also notify your bank that there has been some unauthorized activity on one of your online accounts - they will monitor your bank account activity more carefully for awhile and flag anything suspicious.