Thread: cages
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2015, 03:37 PM  
Shannonmcn
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: cages

For the amount of space you get an IKEA detolf (it's 1600x40cm if I recall) hack is the best value (if you have an IKEA near you) . There are YouTube videos on setups and how to make a simple lid (definitely required for a syrian). There's minor DIY required with some wood and mesh but if I had the space that's what I'd have. I have a Hamster Heaven (80x50cm) which is okay but the Alaska (80x50 I think) and Alexander (100cm) are better value for the size, the only advantage is the tubes which mean it's extendable and you get a good few accessories with it. The Mamble 100 is a 100x50cm cage and it's only £40 but its v tall and I've reconsidered getting one due to the extra hammocks and shelves you need to buy separately to prevent falls which eats into the money you save.

There is a whole section on cage reviews on the forum, I would also say to do a lot of reading before you make a decision. It'll save you money and fuss in the long run I ended up spending a lot more money than I needed to by rushing!
Shannonmcn is offline   Reply With Quote