View Single Post
Old 01-15-2015, 06:36 PM  
DanniDorrito
Senior Hamster

Default Re: My Hamster Drawings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipity7000 View Post
They are lovely! Can you post the details of the drawing tablet? I've heard of them but don't know much about them.
I use the Wacom Bamboo Create Tablet (CTH670M) and Photoshop CS6 for these drawings (I bet you could use a free software like Gimp too though). I used Photoshop before for my graphics art so I sort of know the basics on that, I had no clue how to use the tablet and its a little fiddly to start with.

I did a bit of youtube research on how to use it and get a bit more potential out of my tablet, this video below really helped me!

There's a ton of other guides and tips on youtube but I haven't really looked through many, I should really.

For the drawings themselves I pull up a photo which I like the look of. So far I've been trying to stick to easy photos with simple body positions. Then I create layers on top in photoshop and do outlines, hide the photo and clean up the outlines and edit them if I need to. I go over the outlines to thicken them up and then my favorite part is to color in!

I've attempted a long haired syrian and that was a complete disaster, it looked like road kill I'll attempt it again once I've gotten a little better.

I found the hardest part for me is actually starting a piece, trying to muster up that mojo to sit and draw something has been difficult. Once I've started though I am fine! I just sit at my PC and draw with netfix on another screen (Malcolm in the Middle woo!).

I was trying to give myself the target of one drawing a day to sort of post myself with goals but that didn't work. That last drawing I did I spent about 3 days carefully drawing it all lol. I think I will just work when I get the free time and I feel inspired or something! I'm hoping with each art I post here it will urge me on to do a bit more! I'd really love to open up like a thread where I will attempt to draw peoples hammies for them, just need to get better and faster at drawing first!