View Single Post
Old 01-07-2015, 01:54 PM  
Piebald
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: Keeping hammy warm while I'm at work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candra_Faulkner View Post
My long haired syrian , Toby, lives in a 36 inch long , by 18 inch wide, by 16 inch high All Living Things Reptile Terrarium, ( looks like a fish tank, but not meant for fish) it even came with a locking screen cover...
. . . .
I insulate the outside of his bridges and house with bedding piled up around it.
Thanks Candra, those terrarium's look interesting. The website mentions an "elevated base" but I can't figure out what that is-- it just looks normal from the pictures. Do you know what that means?

Great idea to insulate the outside of the house too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thin Lizzy View Post
. . . .
Whatever you decide to go for, make sure there's plenty of substrate, bedding and places that give cover for the hamster to be able to dig and hide.

P.S. Welcome to HC
Thanks for the welcome
I will be sure to give my hammie plenty of substrate and bedding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyDG View Post
I live in Northern Scotland and have my hamster in my bedroom which can get pretty cold in winter.
. . . I purchased a small portable oil fin heater. These are good because they use a low amount of electricity and they come with good safety features such as an automatic shut off (which turns on again when the temp dips) and so on. I keep it on a low heat because the point is not really to make the room hot but to keep it at a reasonable temp for my hamster.
Northern Scotland! Brrrrrrr
Do you mean an oil filled heater? They look like a little radiator on wheels?
I had a look at those they look interesting. Do you happen to know what the wattage of yours is? There is also a flat wall mounted kind which might be good with limited floor space.
Piebald is offline   Reply With Quote