View Single Post
Old 01-05-2015, 07:06 AM  
Leanne
Newborn Pup

Unhappy Fighting and separating

Hello

Just over a week ago we got two 8 week old female Russian dwarfs, I think they are hybrids as from pets at home. They have lived together happily for a week, they have slept together but not really interacted much. Then yesterday they started to have fall outs with a lot of noise! Oreo is a little bit bigger and clearly dominant and chewy was making so much noise, looking terrified and kept throwing herself on her back. I spilt this up immediately and we kept a very close eye! They fell out a few more times and I broke it up but didn't want to overact and permanently part them without giving them a chance, there was no injury but maybe only because I didn't give it a chance to happen. Then Oreo chased chewy and took a bite before I could stop it, there was no injury but she lost a little patch of fur. At this point I separated them and they now have their own cage. Oreo seems fine but chewy is still hiding and doesn't seem herself, she is more shy but very active and friendly!
Have I spilt them up to soon, it just didn't feel worth the risk of them getting hurt and what can I do to help poor chewy feel safe and happy again. I'm feeling really bad and not sure what went wrong so suddenly. Clearly bonding two sibling dwarfs is not always as easy and natural as it seems!
Leanne is offline   Reply With Quote