View Single Post
Old 12-21-2014, 01:09 PM  
DrKMcK
Retired Moderator

Default Re: Urgent! Dead hamster or hibernating!

It is so sad that you went through all of this. Once you get experience with hamsters, or any rodent really, you become familiar with the process of death. I find it easier to deal with the loss of my hammies and other small pets by allowing them to return to the cycle of life. I will often bury my small ones in the yard under an arbor of morning glories. I just recently buried Ted E. Bear, my Golden hammy, in a big patio pot. I will be reminded of him in the Spring when he helps beautiful flowers bloom in my yard. I remember, about 40 years ago, one of my gerbils passed away when we were at our summer place, which was right on the Appalachin Trail in Upper Greenwood Lake, New Jersey. I had found a heart shaped rock, all glittery, and I buried my little gerbil under a Scotch Pine I had planted when it was only about 6 inches tall. About 15-20 years later I was up there visiting, as my brother then owned the property, and I actually found the little heart shaped rock...under a Scotch Pine that was now a great big tree. I hope you are able to place your small friend somewhere where you can remember him. Play well at the bridge Harry.

These are the pots I use, and a photo of an arch of morning glory vines I have buried some of my furries under.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P8070004.jpg (97.3 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg P8070008.jpg (98.6 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg P8310018.jpg (101.9 KB, 17 views)