View Single Post
Old 12-09-2014, 02:41 PM  
1WomanArmy
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Hello from Scotland!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrilliondaemon View Post
I think its the same with most things unfortunately

And er... I know of some who use this forum reguarly and only stay with their initial number of hamsters. Then I know plenty of others who started the forum with one and now have a lot more than one lol
Cypher is definetly right that it can and does happen though (I had one hamster when I joined this forum... My sig shows you what thats turned into lol)
Haha that's what I am afraid of! Your babies are all gorgeous! Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libby01 View Post
Ahh right I guess people will try anything for a bit of money! I know freeads isn't terrible with all things, like I have used it a few times to sell my bunnies that I have bred. But I always make sure they go to a good home and I never bred them for the money. I've stopped breeding them now though cause its unfair & had them neutered. But no, you can't trust anyone!

If you go to your pet shop to buy the hamsters make sure that you ask what breeder they came from and NEVER buy them if they have come from a breeder called 'Simon's Rodents'.
You can get them neutered? It must be such a fiddly, delicate operation, but that's very responsible so good on you.

That last line of your comment gave me a lightbulb moment. Could I ask them where they get them and go there direct? Pet stores are in it for the money it's 2 for £17 at their store where as on gumtree or free ads they are just £4 or £5. That's not the point though, I'm sorry I'm going to bring up fish again but I have had years of bad experience and fish dying because the store get are usually overstock or not up to standard so are sent there. I used to buy them and they lasted a few days and died they would blame my water-my tanks are fully cycled and the water stats have been stable for at least 5 years-I'm scared of getting a hamster from them and a week later it dying then both myself and little one being heartbroken. This is why I'm so desperate for a breeder.
1WomanArmy is offline   Reply With Quote