View Single Post
Old 11-27-2014, 02:06 AM  
LadyPikachu
Adult Hamster

Thumbs down Trixie wheel problem ?

My new wheel for little Pikachu arrived yesterday (8" Trixie), and by sounds of it last night he loves it!

I wanted to attach the wheel to the bars, so that it didn't rub on his bedding or fall over.. as the stand is much shorter than I has expected. BUT MY BARS ARE TOO CLOSE TOGETHER! When I do manage to get it through the bars, they bend a dangerous amount.. so it's on the stand for now and I've used a wooden ladder to try and block the bedding off from going under it?

Has anyone else had this problem and found a solution, I do think it would be better for him both for space wise in his cage and for stability if I could get it to attatch on the bars..If not I'll try the cable tying it to the cage ceiling trick! Has anyone tried that with a Trixie? Does it make any difference?

On the good side, I slept like a log last night! So much quieter than the P@H flying saucer, I hadn't slept properly all week thanks to that thing! Plus I didn't hear Pikachu fling off of anything, that did worry me about the saucer!
LadyPikachu is offline   Reply With Quote