View Single Post
Old 11-26-2014, 02:37 PM  
Skeever
Hamster Therapist

Default Re: Having a down moment over my hamster..

First week, I wouldn't rush so much ? She's coming along fine....and any noises can make them, or us jump. It happens. The ham prolly forgot it already.

I disturbed Ziggy today when I came home, since he's spending a lot of time chilling in his little pod at the top of the cage , stuffed with tissue. It's winter. I held out a tiny piece of a seed treat. As in tiny. And as he does every once in a while? He just grabbed it with his teeth, really really fast, so I felt the brush of teeth on my finger. Then he slunk back under the tissues, lol.....with the seed.

I could either obsess about after all this time he nearly BIT me? Or I could find it kinda amazing that he has the senses and coordination to rip something out of my hand without biting. No one can be cuddly and squeaky happy all the time, hehe. I choose to be amazed that he was able to take the food, however 'roughly' and abruptly, without being clumsy and mean spirited and taking my finger too...

We can't control their every move, their every reaction, they're every fright or stumble. We control our reaction to it. Not the flinching part, flinching is reflex. Our obsessing over it as if we know what they think or don't think, or know how they interpret our behavior.

I think I can probably remember every awkward moment with the hams. I'm sure they don't even recall if there were any awkward moments. Oh to be an animal. Humans unfortunately, spend too much time in the past and too little in each moment that presents itself.....
Skeever is offline   Reply With Quote