View Single Post
Old 06-02-2009, 03:05 PM  
mattwebber1992
Newborn Pup

Default Rotastak Space Command

Well first off i dont really agree with people saying that rotastak cages arnt very good because i have seen a few that are very good and all the animals living in them seem to be very happy.
This may have been the case with old Rotastak cages but i think they have improved alot.
This is my first Rotastak cage so i was only a little confused about how to put it together but after a while looking at the instructions it was quite easy. I did have a few difficulties but i will explain those later.
This is the cage

I am very pleased with it although i dont have any animals in it yet, hopefully i will soon though.
The only problem i had was with the main tube

This was abit of a pain to get into the right place but after only a few minutes of work i got it in properly. I think it would easily allow a syrian to get through, it really is wide.
This is the dining room

What i love about the dining room is the pull out food bowl which you can see, it allows easy cleaning and refilling of it.
The wheel also i have heard complaints about it not turning well, but you pull out the locking nut abit and it allows the wheel to turn easier.
The home and away box is also good beacuse if your hamster decides to sleep there then you can simply close the hole into it and clean the cage while your pet is asleep.
I will be adding more to this review onnce i get a hamster and once the hamster has tested it all.
I hope this review has been helpful so far.

Hi again people, i didnt buy a syrian in the end i bought 3 male agouti Chinese Hamsters. I called them Mars, Aero and Button, sorry i dont have pics but they are nervous obv cause they have only just got in the cage. They have no problem climbing up the big main tube. Im still convinced that the tube would be perfectly fine for a syrian.
I personally think that Rotastaks have improved in quality, i have seen old versions of rotastak cages and they do look flimsy, but as long as people put it together properly and put anti-gnaw rings on everyplace possible nothing will escape. Also people complain that the themed cages are too expensive, well it just depends where you get them from, i got mine from petplanet and i weighed up the costs of the individual pieces compared to the main cage and it was significantly cheaper to buy the themed one.
I hope this review has been helpful again. Overall i think this is a very good cage, but peoples prejudices from the old cage systems, i hope people do change their minds about these cages because they are very good quality cages.
mattwebber1992 is offline   Reply With Quote