View Single Post
Old 10-28-2014, 12:21 AM  
Kani
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Roborovski Colony Behavior Needed

You can't write a book about their behavior in the wild if you're studying them in captivity. You have to go to Mongolia, China, and other places to study them in the wild. For example, a high percentage of groups in captivity seem to need separation due to fighting once they reach 2 to 4 months of age while this is not true in the wild (reasons unknown). But i'm searching for threads that will help me understand them in captivity. I think focusing your book on that would be really useful to pet owners. What I'm trying to find information on Is how to read their body language. For instance, I've noticed that they almost always do a quick little "greet" whenever they pass by each other by sniffing with their nose. So now whenever I put my hand in their enclosure, I put a finger up to their nose first before anything else and have noticed that there are less likely to be startled or runaway. I guess I'm looking for something like knowing that a dog wagging its tail means it's happy or a dog yawn means it's annoyed, but in robo terms. Anyone else notice body language meanings or Robo behavior.
Kani is offline   Reply With Quote