View Single Post
Old 05-15-2009, 03:00 AM  
helenf
Hamster Pup

Default Temporary cage dilemma

Hi,

I've just bought two Robos from a Pets at Home where I was recommended a Savic Spelos as a cage for both of them. I've since read, of course, that it isn't very good and not nearly big enough, so I've ordered a Ferplast Multy which has had praise here.

However the site I've ordered it from says one-two weeks for delivery and though I've emailed them to ask if they know when it's likely to come in, I've had no reply.

I'm concerned about whether the Spelos will be okay for them over the next couple of weeks. I don't like the tunnel much - if one has to get past the other in there they sometimes do a bit of a play squabble, but I would hate for it to get more serious than that.

I can't afford to go out and buy a massive cage as a temporary measure - that's what the Multy is for. I have access to a (used) Rotastak Maxi Mansion if necessary, but I don't think it's much bigger. My only other option would be to use a big plastic container in the meantime.

So what do you think? While I wait for the Multy do I keep them both in the Spelos, both in the Maxi Mansion, or get a maaaassive plastic box for them?
helenf is offline   Reply With Quote