View Single Post
Old 05-13-2009, 07:06 AM  
Pompompoms
Retired Moderator

Default Re: Aw I think my sperated Robo's are unhappy : (

Progress!

The Cloud is doing very well, he is happy to be out and about most of the time now when people are in the room, and is coming out twice a day to be handled without too many problems. Yesterday he happily sat and was stroked for about half an hour. He's wheeling like a lunatic, he doesn't seem to get the whole slow the wheel down part, he just stops at top speed, so gets thrown round about four times then flung out into the cage. Most of the time he jumps straight in and does it again, occasionally he sits looking a bit stunned and confused for a while. It does make me laugh, but to mimimise the risks I have removed all objects from his landing area and made and extra thick layer of wood shavings as a safety mat lol!

Jam is still very shy, but much better too, he is coming out from his nest a little bit more, still very tentative, but he was sniffing and walking over my hand yesterday. I do have to pretty much take the whole cage apart sometimes to get him out, but he's hopping onto my hands well, and yesterday evening for the first time ever he sat for ages and was stroked!!!! Awwwww I was so pleased.

I give them a meal worm each before getting them out, then another one when I put them back in. Ok so it's totaly bribery to like me, but hey it seems to be working!