View Single Post
Old 10-12-2014, 07:31 AM  
Colby and the Dwarfs
The Animal Farmer

Default 2 New Turtles Today!

So I've had Rally and Casper (I might not have introduced him...) for a while, and I'm so in love. They're box turtles. They are so precious, and full of character. They are, however, very hard to keep. They need lots of different foods, lights, and tons of out of the pen time. Therefore, people get them often (because they're gorgeous) and quickly realize they can't take care of them. So there's plenty of boxies to go around!

Today I'm getting two more little guys. I think it's a male and a female. I'm really not sure yet, having only seen videos.

I'm trying not to get too excited, because if they don't eat, aren't happy, or anything else, and I can't fix it, they will have to go. I really hope they like it here.

One is super outgoing and awesome, and is never still apparently!

One is really shy, and only comes out to eat. It has a crack in the shell over the head, but it's healed up now. I'm sure it will come around. I'm thinking of separating it until it gets a bit more brave.

Anyway, super excited!

Animals are reliable, many full of love, true in their affections, predictable in their actions, grateful and loyal. Difficult standards for people to live up to.
-Alfred A. Montapert
Colby and the Dwarfs is offline   Reply With Quote