View Single Post
Old 09-25-2014, 06:25 AM  
ianpallen
Banned

Default Home made bendy bridge Pic heavy

The other week, I went into my back garden and 'borrowed' a couple of branches off the willow tree. They were a good thickness. I cut all the little branches / twigs off and cut them to the width of my bench vice after leaving them to dry for a while. I then stripped the bark and left them a few more days.
I went into the shed today and set up a little jig to drill the pieces so the holes are in line.

First hole drilled

Jig set up with a headless nail so the pieces rest over it so the holes are in line.

Piece in place and drill second hole in centre where pencil mark is.

All pieces done, virtually level. lol

I have some good strong wire from a chainlink fence that was not used. It goes along hte top and bottom so the chainlink can be fixed to it. Very good stuff. Plastic coated too. Place pieces on. I had to change and do them one at a time as it was getting harder to slide them all down at the same time when putting second wire in.
Change of plan to put them on. lol

Bend both ends over

Into bendy bridge.

This was an easy project. Didnt cost a penny.
If I want, I can fit some eyes from a curtain wire to the ends and suspend it from the top or use as a ramp. It is safe to be chewed as well.

No trees were harmed in making this bridge. That happened before I made it. lol.
ianpallen is offline   Reply With Quote