View Single Post
Old 09-13-2014, 12:16 PM  
Skeever
Hamster Therapist

Default Re: litter training or not?

Some hams naturally go to a potty, or will use something placed in their potty area....and there are more specific online / this forum guides is my guess to actively potty train them quicker...

I've had half a success with Ziggy. When he was small, he used the special toilet thingy with the special litter pellets, till I ran out of pellets.

Now that I've been using the pellets again, he's somewhat bigger so he goes into the double opening potty, sticks his front half in.....and pees directly into the litter in front of the potty, his hamster butt facing me. If I were the sensitive type I would suspect a political motivation behind this. Fortunately I'm not.

So he uses the potty in the sense of he covers his head in it, and pees outside of it. At least it's in one spot again? Then he scrabbles a bunch of litter from the potty to the place he just peed.

I spent three weeks wondering what was going on when I see the litter outside the potty all the time. Till I caught him! Mwhahahahahahaa

If Ziggy ever plans on bar chewing again, these potty videos go viral on YouTube
Skeever is offline   Reply With Quote