Thread: Duprasi Owners
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2014, 12:50 PM  
Annaa
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Duprasi Owners

Hii, I just recently got 2 male duprasi myself and I keep mine together and they are very happy like that but that's not the case for females as they're very territorial compared to the males and will fight and kill they're cage mate in most situations. Mine are fed on hamster food but they can be fed on gerbil food as well, but water based fruit and veg must be kept to a treat as it cause diahhrea if eaten too often, mine seem to be extremely fond of mealworms like most duprasi. behavior wise They are quite fast runners in they're cage and when they're comfortable with you out of their tank too, but they are very happy to sit in you hand to be stroked as they are mainly quite docile when being handled. My 2 are kept in a tank with mostly wooden accessories, as they're known for chewing plastics, the only plastic I currently have in my tank is a wheel as they destroy any other plastic toys,houses ect.
I've only ever kept hamsters other than large animals and I found them quite similar compared to the hams,other than their sleeping pattern which is a bit odd as they are usually up in the evening, early morning (7 ish) then sometimes at midday, I hope I helped a bit with your choice, I definitely recommend them pets, Annaa ��
P.s the picture belows from a few days ago before I changed the tube and bath for cardboard and wood as they chewed them and the edges became sharp
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_10030078216905.jpg (20.0 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20952638824885.jpg (19.4 KB, 39 views)

Last edited by Annaa; 09-10-2014 at 12:52 PM. Reason: added info
Annaa is offline   Reply With Quote