Thread: Diabetes Diet
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2005, 11:04 AM  
Skwee
Hamster Pup

I think the diabetes thought was from a random bad hamster dream i keep having LOL nothing more than my imagination *sigh*

i havent got the Ketostix yet *growls about ebay*

but the Diastix(glucose) reading has been 0 twice so im assuming that means his insulin? is fine so its probably nothing to do with diabetes.

Skwee is going down hill again i think he is starting to lose weight again and he is still drinking about 30mls + a day but i have also found that he has really bad diarrhoea again

As for the diarrhoea... i cant think what to do to stop it, apart from that and the 'depression' he seems to be feeling he looks and eats fine...

i have tried an anti diarrhoeal medication from the vet (forgot what the name was and probably wouldnt remember it again... it was in a syringe when i was given it)

have also tried immodium etc...

have tried foods like rice and banana (only a tiny bit because it meant to help humans with diarrhoea) but have since discovered the Skwee detests bananna and wont even eat rice which he loves if there is bananna even near it!!

he has had both baytril and avi pro to no effect.

the last idea i have is charcoal and i can only imagine the Skwee is NEVER going to like me EVER again if i try it *sigh*
Skwee is offline   Reply With Quote