Thread: Injured leg?
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2014, 11:25 PM  
Mousenibbles
Hamster Pup

Unhappy Injured leg?

I'm an idiot. An absolute complete idiot.

I dropped C.B. I often find that I don't know my own strength, so while attempting to be gentle enough not to crush her, I mistook the gentleness of my grip and she wiggled out of it. I was kneeling/sitting on the floor, so it wasn't that far of a fall, maybe less than a foot, but when she landed on my sweater I had on the floor, she squeaked and immediately brought her right front paw up and close to her body. When I looked, there were a few drops of hamster pee on the sweater. I swear I broke into a cold sweat.

I got her gently back in her cage, and there was some more squeaking (she's usually not vocal, so I assume it was from pain!) and she went immediately to her nest to lick her wounds.

It's late right now and no vet I can get to is open, so I made some calls all around to see if we could get an early morning appointment to see if she needs metacam or some other treatment.

Currently, about twenty minutes after the incident, she is using that leg to groom herself, and picked up a bit of green bean in both paws like normal. There's a chance it's just a sprain and she'll heal fast because she's so young, but I'm just horribly, horribly worried.
Mousenibbles is offline   Reply With Quote